At the instance of the Ambassador of Finland to Nigeria, A meeting was organized with the deputy Ambassador Ms. Johanna Antilla, Dr Eleanor Nwadinobi and Andy Iji to share experience on Youth, Peace and Security National Action Plan development and the implementation processes.
Fiinland is the number one to develop Natioonal Plan Plan on YPS and Nigeria is the second . the meeting seeks areas of collaborations for the benefit of the two countries and the also the for the benefit odf other nations all the the world .
Some of the possible ways for immediate intervention as suggested by Mr. Andy include
- Facilitate experience sharing and learning opportunities with the team from Finland, this could lead to formation of Finland –Nigeria League on Youth, Peace and Security Agenda, This league could serve as a repository of experiences where nations and institutions will learn the dynamics of YPS programming, implementation and challenges and opportunities , the league will also provide recommendations and advices to the United Nations General Assembly and the UN Security Council, European Union, African Union and other regional bodies on YPS.
- This league could consider admitting countries who have developed and launched their NAPs as members of the league. (League of Youth, Peace and Security compliance Nations) and it could be a platform for peer review.
- Finland and Nigeria can jointly propose and advance a pressing and emerging issue based on our experiences with NAP development and make recommendations to the Security Council for a new resolution that will address these challenges. Finland and Nigeria can jointly lobby for its adoption by the Security Council
- Facilitate Exchange programs /internship with peace building institutions in both countries.
- Support the efforts of Youth, Peace and Security Network on raising the awareness level of the YPS agenda. (Through the Production of the already developed training Manual on YPS, facilitating training programs, Sponsorship of the media program on YPS agenda
- Support the implementation of program on YPS program in selected pilot states.
- Support the Development of State Action Plan in 2 states in Nigeria